Friday, September 16, 2011

As I leave


Today I leave my beloved Columbus to begin the trek across the country to Seattle.  It's time to say goodbye or maybe, until we meet again.  As I leave Ohio, I will take with me the gorgeous covered bridges, the bonfires and the backyard fires, especially this time of year.  I take with me the music of the crickets and the cicadas, and the stunning colors of Ohio farmland.  I still believe in the mysticism of Mount Pleasant and Devil’s Kitchen, and I honor those who carved their legacy into that rock.  I have loved Columbus.  I’m a Buckeye, through and through, cowtown or not.  I learned love, loss and literature (and alliteration) at OSU.  My family is here, which makes it especially hard to leave.  


I know, however, that it's the right time and Seattle is the right place.  Today, the adventure begins.  Godspeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment