Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Greetings & Hoppy Easter!

This is what we look like.  I know it's been so long since I've updated the blog you've all probably forgotten. So here you go.  Hopefully the picture helps you remember who we are.  It's all my fault; winter is pretty bluesy out here in the Pacific NW.  It's like that most places though.  In Ohio, I would feel downright murderous if we got snow in March, and well, yeah.  The only snow I saw this year in Seattle was flurries on my way to work a few weeks ago.  In March.  Don't get technical on me with the Spring Equinox being March 20 or whatever.  You know it and I know it that snow in March is less pretty and fun and more a total pain in the ass.

Enough about that, though.  Spring has sprung in Seattle and the clouds are parting for longer and longer intervals!  That picture above was taken at the coffee shop down the street (where I'm pretty sure Mom met Eddie Vedder) a couple of Saturdays ago.  It was nice!  That was also the day that Lorelei discovered BASKETBALL.  Oh, how my Siefert blood sings when she talks about playing basketball!



I think she has the WNBA written all over her!

She's also doing really well in Tae Kwon Do.  I promised pictures of her belt test (moving from white to yellow), and here they are:


It's kind of grainy but that's Lorelei breaking a board that Shawn is holding.  Needless to say, she passed!  Her next belt test is in May.  Fingers crossed she can advance to orange belt.

We spent Easter weekend hanging around the house.  We did some yard work and some cleaning mostly.  But it was a gorgeous weekend and Lorelei and I walked down to the beach and had some play time.


Someone had built a fort out of driftwood, so Lorelei had some fun.  I just enjoyed the serenity of the water and the mountains.  Mornings like that remind me why I wanted to move here.


Those are the Olympics out there in the background.  Not too long from now Hurricane Ridge and most of Olympic National Park will be open.  I think it closes Oct-May in the mountains because the passes are snowed in.  I'm sure we will get out there again this summer!

It's also been birthday season here - Shawn's Birthday, our friend Vianney, mine, Ed's and of course, Maya turned 1!  Isn't she a gem?



The girls took me to a wine tasting shop for mine!  Lovely!


Otherwise, we've been busy with our day-to-day.  Shawn is wrapping up another semester, Lorelei is getting ready for the homestretch of the school year, and I'm ever-busy at work.  This weekend I signed up to do a 5-mile race in Skagit County, it's called the Tulip Run.  They have an annual tulip festival up there.



Hopefully the weather holds and we have a good run.  If it's nice, we may head over to Deception Pass.  If you map it, it's in kind of neat area on the north Sound.  We wanted to go to Whidbey Island, but they've had a lot of mudslides and parts of the island are in bad shape.

After that, I head to Dallas for a work thing April 15-17.  Once I get home from that it's going to be time to start thinking about how to celebrate Lorelei's 8th birthday!  Where does the time go?

I will try not to be so long between posts!  In the meantime, relax, have some coffee and remember to smell the tulips.



Take care,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment